Criteria to Schedule an Appointment – You must first complete First-Time Homebuyer Education through one of the following options: on-line course (ehome America); Group Education Workshop; PNC Homebuyers Club, or M&T Homebuyers Club.
If you have met the criteria, please download and complete ICHDE Pre-Purchase Intake and schedule an appointment. If you have any questions, please call our office at (302) 652-3991 Ext. 199 to speak with the Intake Coordinator.
If you have signed a sales agreement to purchase a home and you are using a down payment an settlement assistance program such as those listed below, please call the office at (302) 652-3991, Ext. 199, to schedule an appointment.
Down payment and settlement Assistance Programs:
- New Castle County DPS Loan
- New Castle County VHAP Loan
- New Castle County ReVAMP Loan
- Delaware State Housing Authority Second Mortgage Assistance Loan (DSHA SMAL)
- DSHA Advantage 4 Grant
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
The following information is needed when you call to schedule your appointment:
- Settlement Date
- Down Payment Assistance Program –
- Please Note: New Castle County requires 15 days from the time they receive an application to the date of settlement to process the loan. All closings using NCC funds must occur no later than 3 p.m. on any business day.
- Lender’s Contact (e-mail and phone number)