Interfaith Community Housing of Delaware (ICHDE) has developed several new or rehabilitated communities in New Castle and Kent Counties, as well as new and rehabilitated scattered sites throughout the city of Wilmington. With low-income rental units available in all of these developments, we welcome the unique opportunity to develop guidelines and schedules helping families out of subsidized housing into market-rate rental units and, through our HomeOwnership Education Center, ultimately on to the road to homeownership. Below is a list of properties owned by Interfaith and managed by 3rd party property managers. The property and manager are listed below:
AJPC Management, LLC
West Center City Location (Scattered Sites)
622 North Jefferson Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Colony South/Colony West Location
250 Williamsburg Road
Milford, DE 19964
Arbor Place I & Parma Avenue (Arbor Place III) Location
113 Parma Avenue
New Castle, DE 19720
Overlook Colony Location
3207 East Brandywine Avenue
Claymont, DE 19703
Manlove Manor Location (Over 62 Senior Community)
325 A Manlove Place
Wilmington, DE 19804
In keeping with our mission, ICHDE rental properties provide affordable housing in well-established neighborhoods. We encourage residents to get involved in their Community through activities such as Neighborhood Watch, Civic Associations, and an overall commitment to the neighborhood to maintain property value and keep each and every family safe.
Additionally, there are a variety of other resources available to assist you in finding rental housing:
- The County list of Affordable Housing can be obtained by calling (302) 395-5600.
- The Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) offers a Housing Services Directory. For more information, call (302) 577-5001. The DSHA also runs various Public Housing sites in Kent and Sussex Counties. For more information, call (302) 739-7416.
- Check the classified advertisement section of the local newspaper (News Journal). This is a good source of rental units available in your area.
- Look for ads in Apartment Finder Magazines that are usually found in local convenience stores, restaurants, drug stores, etc.
- Look for free Apartment Locator Services in the Yellow Pages and check the HUD website for Apartment Locators.